High availability for VMware vCenter Server can be primarily implemented using one of these for vCenter Server 5.x and 6.x.
- vSphere High Availability (HA)
- vSphere Symmetric Multiprocessor Fault Tolerance (vSphere FT)
- vCenter Self-Monitoring Agent
- Windows Server Failover Cluster (WSFC) formerly Microsoft Cluster Services (MSCS)
- VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat
- vCenter High Availability (vCenter HA)
This table describes the available solutions that can be used with vCenter Server to provide high availability by version. Please see the notes where applicable.